Cloud & virtualization services
Want to reduce the TCO for the databases (hardware, licenses, …)? Missing computing power on certain periods (due to: Christmas sales, end of fiscal year, …)? In need of offsite data protection?
Monin delivers Cloud Database Managed Services to advice, setup, migrate, support, manage and monitor the companies’ databases in a private, hybrid and/or public cloud environment. We help to choose the best virtual or cloud platform to run the companies’ databases, optionally extended with support (Remote DBA As a Service) and /or in-depth monitoring.
A customer can choose to run everything in their own datacenter(s). A good option is to run the environment virtualized, as running the databases in a virtualized environment has some advantages (non-exhaustive list):
- Optimal usage of resources
- Easily to add more CPU power and memory to the virtual machine
- Saving costs due to less usage of energy and space
- Improved disaster recovery
The Monin DBA’s have knowledge of migrating databases into a virtualized environment, running on VMWare, HyperV or Oracle VM. Starting from the point of advising the customer about how the “virtual” database setup should look like and/or performing the setup/configuration and/or data migration, ending up optionally with worry less support, monitoring and management of the virtualized database environment.
Oracle VM hypervisor
Our DBA’s also have proven knowledge of the Oracle VM hypervisor. That’s why a customer can also choose Monin to install, configure, manage, support and/or monitor the Oracle VM hypervisor in their datacenter(s).
Compared to other hypervisors, Oracle VM has some advantages (non-exhaustive list):
- High performance: Oracle VM is optimized to run Oracle software
- Cost savings: Hard partitioning of CPU power is allowed so the number of licenses can be limited
- Fast deployment: Oracle templates can be used for a faster deployment of an environment
- Enterprise-quality support: Database and hypervisor support are available with the same vendor
- Pricing: The Oracle VM hypervisor is free to use (paid support is optional but not required). Furthermore, database license costs can be limited via the hard partitioning option
The public cloud offers customers several advantages (non-exhaustive list):
- Virtualized: it has all advantages of a locally virtualized platform
- Pay as you use: a customer only needs to pay for the resources (CPU, memory, disk space, …) used
- Capacity on-demand: whenever needed, a customer can add or remove resources depending on the load
- Constantly improving: the cloud vendors constantly improve the underlying hardware, security, features, etc…
- Less management: depending on the solution chosen, management only starts from the Operating System. So no need to manage the storage, network, server hardware, etc…
Monin has built up the expertise to help customers choose the best cloud platform which fits their needs. Great partnerships with some sister companies help to ensure the best solution is delivered on the right way.
We offer advice, setup, migration, support, management and/or monitoring services for following public cloud vendors:
- Oracle cloud
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
Oracle Cloud MSP
Monin is an official Oracle Cloud MSP which can support customers with their journey towards the Oracle Public Cloud. Our certified Cloud Engineers will suggest, setup and manage the best possible Oracle Cloud solution for each separate customer, tailored to their needs.
After your environment (or a part of) has been moved to the Oracle Cloud, Monin can deliver complete management and support on this environment too. We developed 3 Cloud Managed packages based on the specific needs of our customers:
- Support Package: focus on active support of the environment. Helpful for customers also performing some tasks by themselves
- Prevent Package: focus on proactive support and preventive maintenance of the environment, including quarterly patching, capacity management, etc…
- Fully Managed Package: focus on a complete unburden of all database related tasks, including database refreshes, deadlock investigations, index/table maintenance, etc…
These fixed price packages include everything to unburden our customers from Database and Cloud administration tasks, ensuring maximum availability and security, and last but not least keep there budget under control.
At Monin we understand the need to run applications and databases in the cloud, but also the concern of storing data in datacenters abroad and losing some flexibility. That’s where the Monin cloud comes in.
We have our own Oracle VM platform running with all advantages for Oracle VM mentioned before, extended with the advantages of running the environment on a public cloud. On top of that, we add following advantages:
- The data is stored in our datacenters in Belgium
- We can give more flexibility towards our customers to run their environment more optimized to their needs
- Customers can have direct contact with our consultants, so we can search together to find the best solution whenever needed
Beside of that, our datacenter also has VMWare and HyperV running, so it’s perfectly possible to run the database on our Oracle VM platform and host the applications on VMWare or HyperV. That’s the flexibility we can provide towards our customers.
Customers that want to protect their data also off-site, can rely on the Monin Cloud backup. Using our Cloud backup software, the data is backed up to our datacenters in Belgium. Backups are send and stored encrypted and compressed.
Alternatively, Monin can also configure database public cloud backups to Oracle, Amazon or Azure for our customers.
The advantages of using cloud backups (non-exhaustive list):
- Data is stored remotely, in case of a datacenter crash, data can still be restored
- No need to replace and manage tapes anymore which saves some costs
Want to know what should be changed to protect the data and ensue maximum availability? Contact us for more information or an offer based on your demands, we’re happy to help you towards a smoothly operating database environment (by serving technologies like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, Oracle Linux, Oracle VM, MySQL, PostgreSQL, InterSystems Caché, Intersystems IRIS, etc…).
As a division of Hestia Managed Services, also cloud & virtualization servers for other technologies can be delivered.
Check out the Hestia website for more information about which technologies and the possibilities.